Competition "energie:bewusst unterwegs"
The Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research is starting the school year 2023/24 with the Austria-wide competition "energie:bewusst unterwegs" to bring the topic of energy saving in the area of mobility to the fore in schools.
Pupils should present their ideas individually or in teams within the framework of the competition and motivate them to save energy in mobility together. Creative ideas are sought to convince others of energy-efficient measures in mobility.
The competition is intended to have a lasting effect on the schools and to be an impetus for further treatment of the topic in the classroom. In this way, the initiative supports the implementation of the Global Sustainability Goals (SDGs) and Education for Sustainable Development (ESD).
Competition "energie:bewusst unterwegs" - the details
- WHO - Target group: All pupils at primary, lower secondary and upper secondary level.
- WHAT - Task: Pupils develop a "promotional/infomercial video" or "promotional/infomercial poster" that is intended to motivate pupils to save energy together in the area of mobility through creative implementation in everyday school life as well as in their private environment.
- HOW - Execution of the competition: A maximum of three entries can be submitted per school. At school level, the best three entries from the school will be selected and uploaded to the database by a teacher. It is up to the school whether to make it a competition and award prizes to the best proposals already at school. Care must be taken to ensure that all rights are respected for music, subjects, photos, etc. used and that the consent of the parents is obtained for minors depicted in videos/photos.
- WHEN - Deadline for submissions: The entries consist of a short video (min. 60 - max. 120 seconds) or a creative and meaningful poster, a title and a short description (max. 2 - 3 sentences) and can be submitted to the Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research in a competition database by 19 January 2024 at the latest. More detailed information on submission will follow soon and will be available on the BMBWF website under competition "energie:bewusst unterwegs" (bmbwf.gv.at).
Jury and evaluation
A nationwide jury will select the best six entries from among those submitted by the beginning of March 2024.
The evaluation will be based on the following criteria:
- Originality of the thematic approach
- Quality of the discussion of the content
- Creativity and age-appropriate implementation
- Conviction of the message conveyed
- Quality of the design
Prizes In a two-stage jury procedure, the winners as well as the second and third places in the respective categories (video/poster) in the respective school levels (primary, secondary I, secondary II) will be selected by an independent jury of experts. As prizes, the first places receive a cash prize of € 1500 each for excursions or further educational projects, for example on energy-relevant aspects, and for each of the six other places there are book vouchers worth € 300 (2nd places) and € 150 (3rd places) for the respective school library.
Contact: If you have any questions about the competition, please send an email to email@example.com.
Information for students to download