Henriette StadthotelPraterstraße 44-46
Henriette Stadthotel Vienna is much more than just a sustainable 4* hotel in a prime location. It's your cozy family-run home away from home and your entry ticket to authentic Vienna, starting right in the heart of the vibrant 2nd district – the home of Waltz King Johann Strauß, his wife Henriette, and the world-famous Blue Danube Waltz.
- Eat better: homemade, regional, organic, fair – the breakfast you usually don't have time for.
- Sleep better: 100% natural organic materials & exclusive organic linen bedding.
- Experience the real Vienna: with our selected products & tips for Vienna
- Lived appreciation & real sustainability: we are the 1st Vienna hotel with a Common Good Balance Sheet
- Central location between St. Stephen's Cathedral & Prater; with subway in front of the door
- Breathe a sigh of relief: fresh scent and 100% clean, without chemicals (with micro dry steam)
- Spacious living: Rooms from 25 m2, many with a green balcony – a real little home away from home.
Our environmental performance
What we have already implemented for the environment / for the Ecolabel:
- Efficient use of energy
Our house is fully thermally insulated. Our air-to-air heat pump/recuperative heat recovery system heats, cools, and prepares the hot water. We use 100% green electricity from a certified supplier. → CO2 consumption of 1.21kg/overnight stay (excluding travel, industry average: 10.77kg)
By switching to LED lighting fixtures, we were able to reduce the required wattage by 73%. We also use energy-saving switches. The refrigerators in our mini-bars are also particularly energy-saving models.
- Eating better - using regional, seasonal, and organic food
- Organic-certified breakfast: Bronze organic seal "Naturally good food" (more than 70% of all food items by kg are organic)
- Fairtrade catering partner for coffee and chocolate products; tea and drinking chocolate are directly traded (17 out of 18 possible products are fair traded)
- 89.4% of all food items/ingredients are from Austria
- Large selection of vegetarian, vegan, and homemade dishes
- Zero waste approach at the buffet: many pre-portioned small dishes, small plates, quality instead of quantity, no seafish; reuse of coffee grounds for mushroom cultivation, cakes made from fruit and vegetable pomace residues, for example
- No plastic at the buffet
- Sleep better in 100% natural organic bedding
- Bedding made from certified organic natural materials WITHOUT synthetic fibres from Austria, Germany, and the Netherlands (unlike standard hotel polyester bedding, no microplastics are released during washing).
- Mattresses in the highest room categories are made from FSC-certified natural rubber
- 1st and only hotel in Vienna to offer a 100% natural sleeping experience
- Local laundry shop (short transportation routes)
- Clean without chemicals - chemical-free cleaning with micro dry steam
- No chemical cleaning agents in wastewater, up to 90% less water consumption than conventional cleaning
- Healthier working environment, no working with skin/respiratory irritants
- 1st hotel in Vienna that cleans without chemicals
- Resource-saving use of water
All our rooms have water-saving taps and toilet flushes. Cleaning with micro dry steam also requires up to 90% less water than conventional room cleaning. By switching from bed linen with polyester to 100% plastic-free natural materials, microplastics no longer end up in the wastewater during washing.
- Avoidance of disposable hygiene articles, eco toilet paper
Our soap and shampoo are eco-certified and come from refillable, reusable dispensers. Our toothbrush cups are made of durable glass. The toilet paper is certified with the EU Ecolabel and the Blue Angel. We also handle other toiletries with care and focus on the actual needs of our guests.
- Options for environmentally friendly arrival and departure
It doesn't get any better than this: Henriette Stadthotel Vienna is located right next to the Nestroyplatz subway station and within walking distance of the Praterstern regional train station. From there, there is a direct train connection to Vienna Airport. The cycle path on the doorstep offers a direct connection to both the Danube Cycle Path and the Ringstrasse sightseeing cycle path. Bicycles and e-bikes can be parked conveniently and safely in Henriette's bicycle garage and charged free of charge during their owners' stay.
- Promotion of environmentally friendly arrival and departure
Incentives for the team (free annual ticket for Wiener Linien) & guests (green rate, free bicycle garage)
- Fair produced team clothing made from organic cotton
- Flower and herb balcony, bees on the roof
- Exclusive use of recycled paper in the office and for printed materials where possible. Climate-neutral printing for printed materials, e.g. through CO2 compensation payments