MalisGarten Green Spa HotelRohrerstraße 5
6280 Zell am Ziller
5*s Green Spa Hotel
Built on a biosphere, a place of power, in the middle of the Ziller Valley, MalisGarten stands for regeneration and deep relaxation. With the botanical architecture of Matteo Thun, the hotel’s own herb garden, the scent of felled moon wood in the lobby, light-filled suites and the Herbarium Green Spa, your senses are pampered at every turn.
As the first hotel to be made entirely of solid wood, the original material wood is omnipresent at MalisGarten. An innovative heating and cooling concept, based on deep-drilled geothermal energy and pellet heating, provides MalisGarten with sustainable energy.
Surrounded by fruit trees and shrubs, the hotel’s own herb garden is not only a retreat and a green oasis. With their beneficial essences, the fresh herbs enhance the dishes of the Wilde Kräuter Küche and multiple award-winning gourmet restaurant Heleni. Refined with natural ingredients and rich herbal extracts from the hotel’s own garden, the delightful drinks and sweet delicacies of the Eden Bar and Patisserie deliver outstanding taste experiences.
Herb workshops and the production of hydrosols and essential oils provide wonderful insights into the original power of phyto-essences. Harmonising lavender, revitalising yarrow, invigorating angelica, brightening daisies, warming marigolds and soothing lemon balm have an enriching effect on the Green Herbarium Spa. Whether it’s the cold plunge pool, Kneipp basin, garden pool, herbal sauna, salt steam bath, massages, facials or treatments: Our holistic pampering programme not only brings body and mind back into balance. The environment is protected too; we treat its treasures with care.
We love well-being and mindfulness, and want to exercise the body in a positive way. Being active is easy at MalisGarten. Whether it’s fascia training, neuro athletics, yoga or workouts, strength and cardio training in our gym with the personal trainer – our immune system is strengthened and our body revitalized. Located directly behind MalisGarten, the Zillerpromenade is ideal for jogging, strolls, cycling and walking tours. If you want to go higher, you’re in the best of hands with our mountain guide: Options range from easy hiking tours to challenging summit attempts on Zittauer Hütte, Brandberger Kolm, Ahornspitz & Co.
We also recommend the tennis courts located close to MalisGarten, as well as ideal opportunities for climbing, bouldering, swimming, paragliding and e-biking in the Ziller Valley. The Leading Golfclub Zillertal Uderns is located just 13 kilometres from MalisGarten.
Four large ski areas, cross-country runs, ski tours, snowshoe hikes, ice climbing walls, ice skating rinks and toboggan runs ensure unlimited skiing and winter sports fun.
With multiple awards and great attention to detail, we are passionate hosts who care about the environment, nature and those around us. We want our work, life, management and enjoyment to be honest and sustainable.
Where the wild things grow.
Our environmental achievements
Things we’ve already done for the environment/Ecolabel:
- From the floor panels to the garage and roof, the entire hotel is made from local solid wood products from the company binderholz.
- Whenever possible, our organic food comes from the Ziller Valley region, from farmers that we know. With short transport distances, everything stays fresh, retaining its nutritional value and original taste. For example, we get our eggs from a nearby farm, while fruit and vegetables come from a sustainable trader. We grow herbs in our own garden, our game meat comes from the BinderJagd, and our honey from local beehives. The freshwater fish we use in the restaurants are bred by a farmer in a neighbouring town.
- Pellet heating.
- Electricity from our own photovoltaic system.
- Our cosmetic products in the spa area and rooms are produced by a certified natural cosmetics brand. We make our room fragrances using our homegrown herbs.
- Vertical façade greening.
- Green roofs, roof planting.
- Our staff are trained in waste sorting.
- We use certified environmentally friendly paper.
- Invoices are sent to guests by email, saving paper and printer ink.
- Little birdhouses hang in our garden, enjoyed by countless sparrows in the summer. We love nature and greenery. That’s why we’ve planted as many trees as possible in our garden.
- We only use PVC-free flooring.
- Food waste is taken to the Ziller Valley biogas plant.
- Bed linen made from natural fibres and organic cotton.
- Plasticfree slippers for hotel guests.
- Nature workshops for guests: use of herbs, production of hydrosols.
- Travelling by train is encouraged and rewarded.
- e-charging stations.
- Purchase of a company e-car.
Ecolabel - Slogan
We carry the Ecolabel because…
we take sustainability seriously. We think regionally and treat the treasures of nature with care. This is our vision and these are our values, and we want the sight of the Ziller Valley mountains to leave our grandchildren’s grandchildren speechless too.